Discover Greek customs, the festivals and cultural events in Crete, with Minos Palace’s extensive calendar of local celebrations and traditional events.
Minos Palace hotels & suites encourages guests to engage with local customs and festivals on Crete during their visit, including:
- July/August: The “Lato” summer cultural events in Agios Nikolaos
- The festival of Agios Nikolaos on December the 6th, as well as the Resurrection and the burning of Judas on stage in the center of the lake in Agios Nikolaos.
- The Resurrection at Toplou Monastery in Vai.
- The summer cultural events and the Free – Fish Night in October at Elounda.
- June - Naval Week, celebrated in ports around the island
- The Tzemiado cultural association organises cultural events throughout the summer season.
- The cultural events “Kirbia” in July or August
- The “Kornaria” cultural events in July or August, the festival of “Soultanina” in August and the festival of Prophet Elias on July the 20th in Sitia.
- August - Sitia Sultana Festival, a week-long celebration of grapes and wine
- On the night of the last full moon in August, cultural events take place at many archaeological sites
- Three – day cultural events in August, the liturgy at the church of Kera on August 15th and the festival of Metamorphosis on August the 6th in Kritsa.
- 6th August - The festival of the Metamorphosis, with notable celebrations in Zakros
- 15th August - Feast of the Assumption, a public holiday throughout Greece. The festival of "Panagia" on August the 15th in Neapolis.
- 23rd August - Feast of Agios Titos, patron saint of Crete
- 28th October - "Oxi" Day, a public holiday throughout Greece